Saturday, October 11, 2008

BorahBorah

Well, it was a good week. Took off earlier and went up into Lowman for a couple of days for some high altitude training. Ran about 20 miles there. Drove back into Boise, then Mountain Home, then up Hwy 20-Hwy 93 to the Lost River Mountains. Those things are incredible. Woke up Thursday morning, it was 19*F outside when I woke up! Started the climb up Borah at 7:30 AM. Got there at 10:15, much to my dismay, my hands were frozen stiff, and couldn't even pull my camera out for some sweeet shots. I have some that I will post shortly. 0*F at the top, and 50-60 MPH winds that tried to rip me from the mountain. No luck. Ran back down the mountain in an hour, and made for a hasty retreat back to Boise. It snowed here yesterday, so I can only imagine what those mountains are like that I was on only a short few days ago.

No comments:


Finishing the Hagg Lake 50K

Race to Robie Creek

Race to Robie Creek
The Statesman got an awesome shot of me crossing the finish line!

McDonald Forest 50K

McDonald Forest 50K
Running through the hills near Corvallis, OR